Laurent P. · Photos by
Elodie D. · Published on 22 April 2019 at 18h22
· Updated on 22 April 2019 at 18h22
Museums Night 2019 will be held on Saturday May 18 throughout France. On the occasion, Monnaie de Paris will open for free and provide free or guided tours.
For Museums Night, Monnaie de Paris opens for free on Saturday May 18, 2019, with music played by a very surprising marching band! The occasion to dance and sing in the Cour d'Honneur before stepping in the 11 Conti Museum.
On the menu:
- Free tour of 11 Conti Museum
- Guided tour of 11 Conti Museum from 7 p.m. to midnight
- Engraving demonstration at 11 Conti from7 p.m. to midnight
At the heart of 11 Conti Museum, in the big Manufacture room, a demonstration of Monnaie de Paris know-how allows you to discover the different steps of creating currencies and medals. Come and see a craftsman working and ask him questions!
- Free tour of the "Chic et Utile, l'art du porte-monnaie" exhibition from 7 p.m. to midnight
On the occasion of its first opening weekend, mediators will offer you to discover this exceptional exhibition and help you crack the secrets of the Monnaie de Paris!
- Free tour of the "Trois Actes" contemporary art exhibition by Thomas Schütte from 7 p.m. to midnight
This first retrospective of the German artist shows "his disturbing analysis of the organization of the society and its impact on people". His works between minimal art and classic sculpture go from the model to life-size architecture, from miniature to monumental sculpture. They take over the courtyards and the exhibition lounges.
For even more ideas, check our following articles:
Museums Night 2019 in Ile de France:
You don't know where to start and it's too hard to choose? Have a look at our special guides: