My B. · Published on 4 July 2022 at 09h22
For Paris Plages and from July 9 to August 21, 2022, the La Villette Bassin is full of life. Swimming in the pool, paddle boat, sports, a wonderful opportunity to introduce your children and teens for free to water sports or having a quirky stroll by the Canal.
While you are sunbathing, your feet in the water (it is a figure of speech) while enjoying the Paris Plages 2022 entertainments and the neighborhood lovely terraces, your kids throw themselves into La Villette Bassin wholeheartedly.
And for good reason, the water sports center of the area puts all its equipment and small boats to the disposal of the youngest ones this summer! From July 9 to August 21, 2022, you really do not want to miss the occasion to stroll along the pool banks.
Practicing sport at Paris Plage 2022, La Villette Bassin:
- Free swimming, every day from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For Paris Plages 2022, swimming in La Villette Bassin is back! We can enjoy the summer with 3 pools with varied depths fitted within the La Villette Bassin near the Quai de la Loire.
- Paris Plages Marina, every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Paddle boats, water bikes and water rollers, you do not know what those are? Come along and have fun in the water with these unidentified floating objects in Paris, you will not be disappointed. A 25-m swimming certificate and the parent’s authorization are required for kids!
Think about coming at 12:30 p.m. to sign up your children or you will not have a spot for the rest of the day!
- Dance classes, every day from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The Paris Salsa association offers you to discover or rediscover a different dance style every night. And on Sunday afternoons, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., the youngest can enjoy a kid ball.
- Ménage ton Canal, Saturday July 16 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
On July 16, take part in the big Ménage ton Canal cleaning session by the Canal Saint Martin and the Bassin de la Villette: an afternoon to take care of the canals and make the most of them. On the cleaning path, discover associations and players taking care of the canals and their biodiversity! On the menu, swimming, cleaning boat show, botanic strolls, tours, games and entertainments driven by biodiversity and circular economy. Enjoy all the events on the Facebook event!
- Poetic consultations at the Bassin de la Villette, Saturday August 6 and 20, 2022, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Every Sunday, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., actors, dancers or musicians from the Théâtre de la Ville de Paris provide poetic consultations. Have a seat, enjoy the freshness of the Seine river or La Villette, whilst chatting with an artist, listening to the poem they chose for you and leave with this poetic prescription... For a very poetic summer! Duration: 20 minutes. Free of charge, open to all without prior booking.
- Ludomouv' - Bassin de la Villette
Discover this playground open to all, parents and children hosted by game professionals. Boardgames, construction games, there is something for everyone!
- Climbing at the Bassin de la Villette, every day from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
As part of Paris Plages, a climbing wall is open to kids from 6 to 13 years of age, all summer long, at the Bassin de la Villette.
- Trampoline at the Bassin de la Villette, every day from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
In the heart of the Bassin de la Villette watersport area, children can enjoy three different trampolines. Sport and fun at the same time...
- Boules, every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
All summer long, enjoy boules at the Bassin de la Villette! Free rental in exchange of your ID.
- Energetic arts, every day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For a tonic awakening, enjoy Tai Chi, Do In and more energetic arts every morning...
- Foosball, every day from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
This summer, as part of Paris Plages, play foosball at the Bassin de la Villette.
- Kids club, every day from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Entertainments for kids inspired by beach clubs themed on Nautilus:
- Submarine elements
- 20-m kid-friendly zip-line
- Balance poles
Relaxing and eating at Paris Plages 2022, La Villette Bassin:
- Pavillon des Canaux terrace, every day from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Set in the heart of La Villette Bassin, in Paris 19th arrondissement, Pavillon des Canaux is THE place to relax while enjoying a drink and a sweet treat facing the pool.
- Cafézoïde, every day from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. from Wednesday to Sunday
Cafézoïde has became THE place to be for parents (almost more than for children!). With tables set in the shadow, books, games and creative workshops, this teashop is a must at Paris Plages to have a seat without being afraid of disturb anyone.
- Picnic areas and water fountains are available too if you want to enjoy the place without spending money!
Improving your knowledge at Paris Plages 2022, La Villette Bassin:
- Open-air libraries, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
This summer, the city’s libraries take out the books to set them in parks and Paris-Plages!! This way, if you feel bored between two swims, you can still browse the summer’s book.
- Comics library, Tuesday to Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
This summer, a large range of comics, youth series and graphic novels is available all summer. Then, keep a careful eye on Artoys conception workshops, characters and comics boards creation workshops.
- A Jard'humains workshop, from Monday July 18 to Saturday 23 and from July 25 to 30, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Jard'humains workshops provide games and entertainments to have fun whilst thinking about lots of themes related to Human Rights.
Getting information about Paris and finding help at Paris Plages, La Villette Bassin:
- Health Village, Bassin de la Villette, Tuesday to Saturday , from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Every year, Paris authorities set up a Health Village providing entertainments or workshops for all.
- Secours Populaire at Paris Plages, every day from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
All summer long, Secours Populaire will be present at Paris-Plages to offer entertainments to children and explain to parents what help they can get daily thanks to the association.
- Learn life-saving actions, every day from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Come and learn (again) the gestures that can be life-saving!
Please note that water closets, a security and safety center and a police center are set in situ to make sure we are comfortable during this family outing that shall delight children and adults!