Laurent P. · Published on 22 September 2019 at 08h55
· Updated on 22 September 2019 at 09h38
Urban art in all shapes and sizes comes to Paris La Défense for the sixth edition of Urban Week running from Wednesday September 18 to Sunday 22, 2019. On the menu? Live street art, as well as free urban and cultural explorations without forgetting concerts and DJ sets.
Urban Week returns for a new and sixth edition to discover for free from Wednesday September 18 to Sunday 22, 2019. As its name suggests it, the festival is devoted to urban culture and provides at Paris La Défense five days of alternative festival where street culture is given pride of place.
This year, Urban Week will once again provide live graffiti, as well as unique urban explorations, initiations to street art, music… The whole covering a surface of 6500sqm!
On the menu of Urban Week 2019:
- Live street art with 17 street artists including 15 as part of the Underground Effect by Projet Saato. As per usual, the lineup is international such as Vhils, Sébastien Preschoux, Huge, Alber, Kesadi, Toysomik, Rea One, Helio Bray, Ratur... And many other artists who came to graff live.
- Free urban and cultural explorations to discover the Gare Eole working site in Nanterre, these places set under Paris, or even Paris La Défense Arena, the roof of the Grande Arche, the Monstre de Moretti, the Friche des Groues and the Archipel and even Vinci world's headquarters. Come quick, visits are available by registration!
- Muscial program promoting the French rising scene: Macadam Crocodile, Secret Value Orchestra, Druman, Haute... As many awaited artists and sporting entertainments during the day and evening for a great day!
- Live concerts and DJ sets at night to enjoy the end of summer including duo Haute, Mezzanine, Druman, Macadam Crocodile without forgetting the DJ Set night hosted by Nova on Saturday September 21.
- Urban sport events, including BMX shows, breakdance battles, acrobatics basket demonstration by the Crazy Dunkers and a Brisco performance - world freestyle basket champion 2013.
- A food court with 6 food trucks serving varied and tasty street food from all over the world.
- Urban Market, a village bringing together independant designers found by Violette Sauvage and La Fine Equipe in varied fields: tattoo master, nail art, barbership, music, fashion and design...
You get it, this event is the occasion to make the most of the last sunny days. And since the event is free, you’ll be wrong not to go! A good deal you really don't want to miss.