For Sustainable Development Week 2019, Paris Jardin d’Agronomie Tropicale [Tropical Agronomy Garden] offers several free entertainments from June 3 to 5, 2019 focusing on 5 themes: searching & learning, feeding, working & cooperating, moving, eco-building.
For European Sustainable Development Week 2019 and the 120th anniversary of Paris Tropical Agronomy Garden also called JATP, the Cité du Développement Durable organizes entertainments focusing on sustainable development.
From June 3 to 5, 2019 meet at Paris Tropical Agronomy Garden to discover the many free activities created over 5 themes: searching & learning, feeding, working & cooperating, moving, eco-building.
On the menu, conferences, panel tables, debates, exhibitions, workshops on the climate and guided tours of the Tropical garden in the heart of the Bois de Vincennes.
The occasion to discover its story, to get acquainted eco-friendly techniques and to talk all together.
Searching and learning
- Participative protocol on SPIPOLL pollinating insects
- Guided tour of the JATP focusing on its biodiversity (mandatory registration)
- Discovery morning with 3rd grade and 4th grade classes around different workshops about the respect for the environment and for the others: guided tour of the historic Cirad library, citizen-based assembly, seeds exchange…
- Moving “Frontières” [Border] exhibition
- Exhibition-workshop “Eau et Climat: il est urgent d’agir” [Water and Climate: Take actions now”
- Panel table / debate on the dilemma of food supply (mandatory registration)
- Panel table “Les systèmes agroforestiers cacaoyers dans le bassin du Congo et en Côte d’Ivoire : le rôle des essences de bois tropicaux” [Cacao trees agroforest systems in the Congo Basin and in Côte d’Ivoire: the role of tropical woods species]
Working and cooperating
- Panel table / workshop: “Réapprendre à dialoguer devient essentiel pour réussir la transition” [Learning to dialog again is vital to master the transition] (mandatory registration)
- Panel table / debate: “Agir aux suds. Des citoyens aux politiques : comment agir sur son territoire ?” [Taking actions in the south. From citizens to politicians: how to act on our territories?] (mandatory registration)
- Conference “Finance et taxe carbone” [Finance and carbon tax] by Jean-Charles Hourcade (mandatory registration)
- Informative installation about managing the Bois de Vincennes trees
- Forest tour of the Garden (mandatory registration)
So, go and discover the beautiful Jardin d’Agronomie Tropicale de Paris!
Last updated on 30 May 2019