From February 4 to 10, 2019, the Chinese New Year is back in Paris 3rd arrondissement. Over a week of culture and festive event expects you: exhibition, workshops, conferences, music and dance are provided this year.
Le Marais neighborhood invites you to celebrate the Chinese New Year 2019 in the 3rd arrondissement in Paris. This edition, held for the year of the Pig, promises a large range of colorful animations allowing you to discover a rich and fascinating culture. Careful though, the Chinese New Year’s parade, taking over the Place de la République, will be held on Sunday February 10.
On the menu of the Chinese New Year week:
February 4 to 9
- Jean-Christophe GRELIER's photographs exhibition "Un visage de la Chine" [A face of China]
Tuesday February 5
- 6 p.m.-7 p.m.: Origami workshop by Mr. DELALANDRE from the Mouvement Français des Plieurs de Papier association [French movement of paper folders]
- 5 p.m.: Conference about wellness and Chinese medicine by the France Chine Cultures association
- 7 p.m.: Musical dance and yoga show by the Comité International de la Jeunesse [International Committee of Youth]
Wednesday February 6 (program dedicated to children)
- 2 p.m.: Mask and paper cut workshop
- 3 p.m.: Tales reading and mask creation workshop at the Marguerite Audoux library
- 4:30 p.m.: Chinese poems reading with music by the Petits Trilingues [Small Trilinguals] association
- 6 p.m.: Dance class by the Association Pour les Echanges Artistiques entre la France et la Chine [Association For Art Exchanges between France and China]
- 7 p.m.: Choir show by the Association des Chinois d'Outre Mer [Association of Chinese from overseas]
Friday February 8
- 7 p.m.: Wishes to the Chinese community starting with the Lion dance in the city hall courtyard, followed by a traditional dance show in the function room by the Association des Chinois résidents en France [Association of Chinese Living in France] and the Association pour les Echanges Artistiques entre la France et la Chine.
Saturday February 9
- 10:30 a.m. / 11:30 a.m.: Qigong class by the Association France Chine Cultures
Sunday February 10
- 2 p.m.: Meet on the Place de la République for the famous Lion Parade. Free make-up for children from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the headquarters of the Association Pierre Ducerf, 29 rue Michel Le Comte (Paris 3rd arrondissement).
Please note that all activities and entertainments provided are free of charge.
And for more ideas, check out the guide of the Chinese New Year in Paris.
Last updated on 2 January 2019