My B. · Published on 29 January 2020 at 10h26
· Updated on 29 January 2020 at 11h13
From February 3 to 8, 2020, the Chinese New Year is back in Paris 3rd arrondissement. Over a week of culture and festive event expects you: exhibition, workshops, conferences, music and dance are provided this year.
Le Marais neighborhood invites you to celebrate the Chinese New Year 2020 in the 3rd arrondissement in Paris. This edition, held for the year of the Rat, promises a large range of colorful animations allowing you to discover a rich and fascinating culture.
This festive event is held in partnership with the events committee of the 3rd arrondissement, the Marguerite Audoux library and the many local associations.
From February 3 to 8
- Exhibition of works by students from the Peking and Guanzhu Art Center
Tuesday Februry 5
- 7 p.m.: in partnership with the Chinese LGBT week, conference by Yu Zhou Qing and Zhang Yi about humor in China: the different forms of comic art, can we laugh about everything in China?
Wednesday February 5 (program devoted to kids)
- 12 p.m.: folk dance lesson by the France Chine Culture association
- 1 p.m.: yoga class
- 2 p.m.: paper cutting workshop
- 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: tale reading and creation of a dragon puppet at the Marguerite Audoux library (from 7 years old, booking by callin +33(0)144785520)
- 5 p.m.: musical show by the Petits Trilingues association
Thursday February 6
- 7 p.m.: wish to the Chinese community starting with the lion dance in the town hall main courtyard followed by a traditional dance show in the community room performed by the association of Chinese leaving in France and the association for art exchanges between France and China.
Friday February 7:
- 7 p.m.: piano show by the France Chine Culture association
Saturday February 8:
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.: children/teenagers sport workshops: gongfu, martial arts, hip-hop, Kpop.
Intergenerational cultural workshops: Chinese calligraphy and painting, Chinese language.
Sunday January 26
- 2 p.m.: meet on the Place de la République for the famous Dragon parade. Free makeup for children from 10 a.m. to noon at the headquarters of the association Pierre Ducerf, 29 rue Michel Le Comte.
Please note that all activities are held at the town hall of the 3rd arrondissement, excluding Wednesday February 5's tales happening at the Marguerite Audoux library and the festivities of the Sunday January 26.
As for the parade on Sunday January 26, 2020 at 2 p.m., it will leave from the Place de la République, to go through rue du Temple, rue de Bretagne, rue de Turbigo and end on rue Beaubourg.
And for more ideas, check out the guide of the Chinese New Year in Paris.