Caroline J. · Photos by
Caroline J. · Published on 4 June 2020 at 15h22
· Updated on 4 June 2020 at 15h47
Did you miss it? It’s coming back from Friday June 5, 2020 at 5 p.m.! We guess the many fans of the temporary and underground concept of Ground Control will be there for the reopening of the terraces, especially now.
After closing for several weeks because of the health crisis and lockdown, Ground Control has announced to reopen. Since Paris is in orange, sole Ground Control terraces will reopen from Friday June 5, 2020 at 5 p.m. On its Facebook page, Ground Control wrote: "Yes, it will not be the occasion for big long hugs and giant tables, but it's already awesome! There will be new rules to live together and new opening hours too".
For the record, Ground Control is a living laboratory. The multi-disciplinary and indie place of life has taken over Paris 12th arrondissement spot, set at 81 rue du Charolais since February 2018 with 1,500sqm of sheltered spaces.
On the menu: (closed for now)
- Halle à Manger: to share and enjoy large guest wooden tables; with Faggio (traditional pizza), MrZhao (modern Chinese), Solina (fresh pasta with ancient wheat), Chilam (100% homemade Mexican), Table nali (African fusion), or world cuisine cooked by refuged chefs (La Résidence)
- A wine bar (Le Décanteur) and a cocktail bar like a speakeasy in a... plane (lLong Courrier) and the Ground Epicerie to have a snack.
- Zone Franche: an event zone with stores and markets
- MamaPetula: Small urban jungle with plants, and plant decoration items at a very affordable price.
- Objets Trouvés (et autres Curiosités): halfway between the concept-store and the cabinet of curiosities.
- Circuit Court: A fresh vegetables stand where you can shop in the weekend. Food products that are tasty, organic and seasonal and from short circuits.
- Grand Train Store
- Charybde bookstore
- Workshops & galleries:
- GCCC the "Ground Control Charolais Club": at daytime this lute-making club offers customization, reparis and creation of guitars and bass guitars services. At nighttime, the club changes to welcomes intimate unplugged concerts on its stage.
- Studio 81: Georges Saillard and his photographer friend José Canavatte make you discover photographers from all over the world and offer affordable printing and limited series as well as introduction to photography workshops.
- Galerie: an art gallery but not only... it's also a workshop where you can see artists from Paris and elsewhere evolve.
- Le Pantographe: an area devoted to creative and plastic arts.
- Les Pas Perdus: to take of yourself! Yoga, pilates, reiki, reflexology and meditation from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Hors Control: the kids' area
- Ground Control Radio
Outside: (reopening on June 5 at 5 p.m.)
- Restaurants: RØK by WoodMen (Danish cuisine) , rozell & co (organic and plain butter buckwheat pancakes), peppa porchetta (Italian), the asado club (Argentinian BBQ by the Carbon team), l’huitrerie des frères besson...
- Grand Verger: a garden-terrace and a kitchen garden with Les Fermes de Gally
Alcohol abuse is bad for your health. Please drink responsibly.