Did you know that the Officine Universelle Buly nestled in full heart of the Marais hides many wonderful surprises, such as Nani Koré, an onigiri counter promising you to make you travel to Japan without moving from the French capital!
In Japan, culinary specialties are countless: ramen, sushi, sashimi, gyoza, takoyaki, soba… But have you heard about onigiri?
Considered as a major snack in the country of the rising sun, the onigiri is a triangle-shaped treat made out of rice with nori seaweed to hold it.
To make you travel to Japan from Paris, Nani Koré came up with onigiris, based on koshihikari rice and available with several traditional flavors or more original flavors according tastes and needs.
On the menu for the savory onigiri:
- SHISO YUKARI (a trip to the heart of Japan): rice, shiso (mint or Japanese basil), yukari (red shiso)
- POULET PANE [fried chicken]: rice, chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan, lemon juice, mayonnaise
- THON MAYO [tuna mayonnaise] (the traditional): rice, tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, chives, menstuyu
- PIPERADE (looks like Gascony): rice, zucchini, eggplant, red bell pepper, onion, shallot, garlic, herbes de Provence, parsley, cumin, bay laurel, tomato puree, cider vinegar
- BONITE [skipjack] (the revisited): rice, dried skipjack, soy sauce, mirin
And for even more surprises and treats, Nani Koré came up with four irresistible sweet recipes, becoming then the first place to offer sweet onigiri.
You can choose between:
- CHOCOLAT [chocolate]: sweet rice, sugar, chocolate powder, chocolate ganache
- AZUKI SESAME NOIR [adzuki black sesame]: sweet rice, black sesame, red bean paste
- POMME CARAMEL [apple caramel]: sweet rice, almond sprinklers, cooked apple chunks, caramel
- NOIX DE COCO [coconut]: sweet rice, coconut powder, coconut-flavored pastry cream
Please note you can enjoy these onigiris as take-out or on the spot at Grand Café Tortoni.
Last updated on 27 March 2018