Anne-christine C., Laurent P. · Photos by
My B. · Published on 10 September 2020 at 18h19
· Updated on 14 September 2020 at 21h56
Paris Arab World Institute takes part in European Heritage Days 2020 and unveils a program full of discoveries and entertainments to enjoy on September 19 and 20, 2020.
For European Heritage Days 2020, the Arab World Institute sees on a big scale. For September 19 and 20, 2020, this cultural center also called the "Beaubourg Arabe" provides a lovely program of tours and entertainments around the Arabian culture.
You are invited to visit the museum for free all weekend long to discover the Arabian world and the different cultures that contributed to its identity since the Antiquity. Let's make the best of it to discover the third biennale of photographers promoting the Lebanese scene this year.
European Heritage Days 2020 program:
- Outside the Wall tour: Historic Arabian Paris - Saturday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
A 4-step tour for about 2hours. Leave from the AWI, stop by the Sorbonne and the Collège de France, then walk past the Eglise Saint-Julien and finish with the Paris Mosque.
- Tour of the AWI - Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Self-guided tour of the permanent collection.
- Living collections of the AWI: Colors of the World and Shared Memories - Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. - self-guided tour, upon booking, and on Sunday from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., guided tour - free participation upon booking on the very day of the tour.
This is the 3rd presentation of this very special collection that is the "Couleurs du monde" display. The AWI has been housing since 2016 the collection of the upcoming Palestinian National Museum of Modern and Contemporary art. This "solidarité" collection was built thanks to donations from artists or their heirs.
"Mémoires Partagées" is a collection of photorgaphs and videos by artists, sometimes nostalgic, sometimes horribly dramatic and full of worries as it happens in today's Arab countries.
- Literary meetings: One hour with Jadd Hilal - Saturday from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Meet with Jadd Hilal for his latest novel "Une baignoire dans le désert"
- Story time: From a land to another - Saturday from 4 p.m. - Participation upon booking the very day of the event
A tale-show by Theresa Amoon taking us from the Orient to the Occident.
- Guided tour of the AWI - Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Free participation by booking on site
Discover the musuem and its architecture with wonderful stories.
- Taled tour of the museum - Saturday from 11 a.m. to noon - By booking on site
An immersion into the universe of tales, myths and legends meeting with fantastic characters and creatures that weave links with works and collections from the museum.
- Architecture - Visiting the hidden AWI - Saturday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Free participation by booking on site
Surrounded by the setting designed by Jean Nouvel and Architecture Studio, get to a hidden door and walk down the center of the building and walk up in spaces in the heart of the architecture having the Orient and Occident dialog.
- Introductory class to the Arabic language - Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m., then 3 p.m. at the Centre de langue et de civilisation arabes
An action-based method based on an Arabian language learnbook, AHDAF, for beginners will be presented. This method covers the levels A1 and A2 in two books. It presents the language within its cultural environment.
And many more surprises...
European Heritage Days 2020 Program in Paris and the Ile-de-France Region:
And to get your bearings more easily, we've made you some themed guides: