On the occasion of European Heritage Days 2018 held on September 15-16, 2018, French public transport operator RATP invites you to go behind the curtain to discover this turning heritage. On the menu: strolls in legendary buses, a paper chase and the discovery of the current working sites!
On European Heritage Days 2018, the RATP (French public transport operator) invites you to go behind the curtain thanks to a program full of animations in Paris and in the Ile de France region. Go discover the heritage of the RATP in the French capital throughout various activities and free guided tours.
Among the novelties available this year, the RATP offers you to discover the working site to extend the metro line 12 in Aubervilliers as well as how automatic metros work such as the ones on the line 14.
The classics of the European Heritage Days are also on the menu such as the guided tours to know more about the secrets of the metro, strolls aboard buses from the 30’s or vintage photographs.
After the success of its paper chase for the past few years, the Investigation of the metro will be back with a brand-new scenario in Villeneuve-Saint-Georges where the RATP has its historic collection of material.
Please note that some activities are available only upon registration from September 5, 2018 on the RATP website (and from September 4 for the investigation on the dedicated website).
Open to all without prior booking:
- Visiting Paris aboard legendary buses departing from the Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Vintage photo shoots in the back of a mythic bus from the 20s – Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Family workshops: playful activities to discover the story of the RATP and its varied trades – Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Movie screenings: two historic films tell you the story of the construction of the metro and the daily life of the agents and the travelers in the early 20th century – Maison de la RATP 12th arrondissement
Activities subjected to reservation (upon registration):
- Treasures and secrets of the Parisian metro: commented tours about the emblematic metro stations, led by speakers specialized in the Parisian metro history – departing from the Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Metro line 12 extension work site: understand the issues of sustainable mobility thanks to an intricate work site – Aubervilliers (93)
- Metro line 14: 20 years after the opening of the metro line 14 discover how these 100% automatic metros work and the current extension – Paris 12th arrondissement
- Escape Game: the metro investigation takes you to the RATP vehicles collection within a former mail sorting station. A unique occasion to discover the RATP’s heritage whilst trying to solve a mysterious enigma – Villeneuve-Saint-Georges (94)
European Heritage Day 2018 Program in Paris and the Ile-de-France Region:
Last updated on 14 September 2018