Police intervention at La Défense: restrictions lifted, no suspect spotted

Published by Caroline J. · Photos by Caroline J. · Published on 30 June 2020 at 13h22 · Updated on 30 June 2020 at 14h09
This Tuesday June 30, late in the morning, in the La Défense area a police intervention took place after a gunman had been seen by the Les Quatre Temps shopping mall. The Préfecture de Police says the operation is now over an no suspect has been spotted.

What happened in La Défense business area this Tuesday June 30, 2020? The neighborhood has been closed off and there was a police intervention in progress after a gunman has been reported in the area. The man has been seen by the Les Quatre Temps shopping mall.

We are looking for a gunman seen in the Les 4 Temps shopping mall in the La Défense neighborhood” a police source told our peers from Le Figaro.

Quickly, the Préfecture de Police called for prudence and recommend people in the area not to move and follow authorities’ instructions.

After several checkings on site, the Préfecture de Police said  the intervention was done, adding no suspect has been spotted on site.

 

Tweet reads: "La Défense | The prospection of the place is ending. The restrictions will be lifted. As of now, no suspect has been spotted by the forces of order on site confirming report made to Police Secours 17".

By the way, on “safety grounds”, several metro and RER stations had closed such as La Défense on RER A. Traffic was also stopped between Porte Maillot and La Défense Grande Arche stations. Following the lifting of restrictions traffic resumed.

Tweets read: “[Safety measure] 10:29 a.m. On safety grounds, the La Défense Grande Arche station is closed to the public on RER A line, connections are closed.
La Défense station has reopened (intervention of the forces of order) #RERA
”.

Practical information

Comments
Refine your search
Refine your search
Refine your search
Refine your search