Caroline J. · Updated on 7 June 2018 at 12h10
· Published on 7 June 2018 at 12h02
On Thursday June 21, 2018, Gif-sur-Yvette will rock at the pace of the 37th World Music Day!
Discover the complete program of World Music Day 2018 in Gif-sur-Yvette on Thursday June 21, 2018 from 5:45 p.m. in town!
City hall garden: main stage
- 9 p.m. – Blossom: rock standards and compositions
- 10:30 p.m. – Neodyme: rock covers.
Salle de l’Orangerie
City Hall square
- 5:45 p.m. – Les Dream Cat’chers: guitar and voice duet
- 6:30 p.m. – CC2 Voices: pop music
Cour du Four
Rue Henri Amodru
From 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: 3 bands, 3 styles including klezmer, rap and rock
- 6 p.m. – Barkania Duo: music from the Balkan countries by a duo of clarinetists
- 7 p.m. – Proseurs: young rappers from department 91
- 9 p.m. – Big Run: blues rock
1 rue Gustave Vatonne
From 6 p.m. to midnight, choirs, ensembles performing classic, baroque, sacred and secular music
- 6 p.m. – Do-Remi
- 6:30 p.m. – Arabesque
- 6:55 p.m. – AVF choir
- 7:20 p.m. – Cantilène de l’Yvette
- 7:45 p.m. – Polyfun
- 8:20 p.m. – Baroque et mots
- 8:55 p.m. – Gif Music School
- 9:25 p.m. – Estrella
- 9:55 p.m. – Georgia
- 10:15 p.m. – Atelier Chantant
- 10:45 p.m. – Gif Protestant Baptist Church
Val Fleury Park
MJC Cyrano team, in partnership with the cultural department, adds sound and music to the Val Fleury stage
- 6 p.m. – Fractale: rock
- 7:05 p.m. – Unemployed: rock covers
- 8:15 p.m. – French Chelsea – rock covers
- 9:05 p.m. – No Way: pop
- 10:05 p.m. – Jimmy’s Angels: rock
- 11:15 p.m. – Just 4 Fun: rock blues
Restaurants – downtown
- Brasserie Val Fleury. Dinner upon booking
- 6 p.m. – Chloé Saldani
- 8:45 p.m. – Atelier Chantant
- 10 p.m. – Transistor Blast
- Café de la Mairie
- From 7 p.m. to midnight
- Piercola: dandy singer and guitar player
- Brank’s: electro punk band from Villejust
- Blue Bossom: rock covers
- Le Canapé. Dinner upon booking
- From 8:30 p.m.
- Franck Mossler on the drums play with his mate Pierre-Yves Plat on the keys and their guest Dominique Vernes (saxophone, clarinet and accordion). On the menu: humor, comedy, classic music and jazz
- L’Île O’crêpes. Dinner upon booking
- From 8 p.m.
- French and Anglo-Saxon pop music, bossanova with Agnès (saxophone) and Patrick (guitar).
Place du marché Neuf (Chevry)
- From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.: DJ Nico mixes all night long! He will make the Place du Marché Neuf move and dance!
For even more tips and outing ideas, take a look at our selection for Make Music Day 2018: