For Paris Plages and from July 7 to September 2, 2018 La Villette Bassin is full of life. Swimming in the pool, paddle boat, sports, a wonderful opportunity to introduce your children and teens for free to water sports or having a quirky stroll by the Canal.
While you’re sunbathing, your feet in the water (it’s a figure of speech) while enjoying the Paris Plages 2018 entertainments and the neighborhood lovely terraces, your kids throw themselves into La Villette Bassin wholeheartedly.
And for good reason, the water sports center of the area puts all its equipment and small boats to the disposal of the youngest ones this summer!
From July 7 to September 2, 2018, you really don’t want to miss the occasion to stroll along the pool banks.
Practicing sport at Paris Plage 2018, La Villette Bassin:
- Free swimming, every day from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For Paris Plages 2018, swimming in La Villette Bassin is back! We can enjoy the summer with 3 pools with varied depths fitted within the La Villette Bassin near the Quai de la Loire.
- Paris Plages Marina, every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Paddle boats, water bikes and water rollers, you don’t know what those are? Come along and have fun in the water with these unidentified floating objects in Paris, you won’t be disappointed. A 25-m swimming certificate and the parent’s authorization are required for kids!
Think about coming at 12:30 p.m. to sign up your children or you won’t have a spot for the rest of the day!
- Paris Plages zip-lining, every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Instead of crossing bridges, cross La Villette Bassin with a zip-line. 8-m above the ground, slide 160 meters in less than 30 seconds, just the time you need to admire the view and enjoy the wind! The only down side is that this free zip-line is reserved for kids from 6 to 17 years old…
- Energetic wake, every day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Every day, meet a Tai Chi or Do in teacher along the Seine for a muscular and spiritual wake!
- Dance class, every day from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Every night, come and get introduced to a different dance alongside Paris Salsa association.
Relaxing and eating at Paris Plages 2018, La Villette Bassin:
- Pavillon des Canaux terrace, every day from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Set in the heart of La Villette Bassin, in Paris 19th arrondissement, Pavillon des Canaux is THE place to relax while enjoying a drink and a sweet treat facing the pool.
- Cafézoïde, every day from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. from Wednesday to Sunday
Cafézoïde has became THE place to be for parents (almost more than for children!). With tables set in the shadow, books, games and creative workshops, this teashop is a must at Paris Plages to have a seat without being afraid of disturb anyone.
- Picnic areas and water fountains are available too if you want to enjoy the place without spending money!
Playing at Paris-Plages 2018, La Villette Bassin:
- Beach games, every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Table soccer, bocce and mini-golf expect you along the Seine
- Kiddie club, every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Improving your knowledge at Paris Plages 2018, La Villette Bassin:
- Open-air libraries, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., July, from Monday to Friday
This summer, the city’s libraries take out the books to set them in parks and Paris-Plages!! This way, if you feel bored between two swims, you can still browse the summer’s book.
- Comics library, every day from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., July 16 to August 12, 2018
This summer, Delcourt & Soleil have decided to introduce you to comics with a large range of comics, youth series and graphic novels. Then, keep a careful eye on Artoys conception workshops, characters and comics boards creation workshops.
- A T-Rex in Paris, non-stop
For Paris Plages, the museum displays the thigh bone of a Turiasaurus, an herbivore that lived over 67 million years ago. This 2.20-m long thigh bone is one of the biggest dinosaur bones ever found!
- Archéologie en bulles, every day from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The Louvre L’Archéologie en bulles exhibition comes to Paris-Plages. Kids can discover replicas of the museum’s archeological treasures and put on the shoes of an archeologist with the excavations simulator.
Getting information about Paris and finding help at Paris Plages, La Villette Bassin:
- Secours Populaire, Tuesday to Friday, from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
All summer long, Secours Populaire will be present at Paris-Plages to offer entertainments to children and explain to parents what help they can get daily thanks to the association.
- Paris Santé Citoyenneté, Tuesday to Saturday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
While children have fun, come along and get information about your health and your family’s with free informative consults and STI screening!
- Paris qui Sauve, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Come and learn (again) the gestures that can be life-saving during free initiations offered by Paris authorities during Paris-Plages!
Please note that water closets, a security and safety center and a police center are set in situ to make sure we are comfortable during this family outing that shall delight children and adults!
Last updated on 4 July 2018