Caroline J. · Published on 13 March 2020 at 19h48
· Updated on 15 March 2020 at 15h50
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and the ban of public gatherings of over 100 people, initially planned from March 13 to 17, 2020 Saint Patrick's Day the Irish Cultural Center is cancelled.
In light of the recent news shared by the French and Irish governments, the Irish Cultural Center unfortunately has to shut down STARTING THIS FRIDAY MARCH 13th AT 6 P.M. AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. The access to the media center, the chapel and the courtyard and rooms is now banned.
Cultural events below are cancelled:
- Saint Patrick Festival from March 13 to 17
- Kila show on March 13
- Family Days and Lords of Strut shows on March 14 and 15
- Cuig show on March 15
- Ensemble Eriu show on March 17
- Lir Quartet show on March 26
- Opening of the Anita Groener exhibiion on March 28
- Visit of the patrimonial library on April 2
Every year, usually celebrated on March 17, the Centre Culturel Irlandais celebrates Saint Patrick’s Day.
For this edition 2020, from March 13 to 17, 2020, the Centre Culturel Irlandais decided to offer you a series of events. On the occasion traditional music will be given pride of place with not less than three concerts.
Careful, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Irish Cultural Center is "obliged to cancel both CCI's St Patrick's Day family events on Saturday and Sunday afternoon and Irish in France's St Patrick's Day parade on Saturday afternoon. We do this in the public interest and to support efforts to contain the Corona virus." Yet, the three concerts on March 13, 15 and 17 are sustained.
Here’s the program!
- Friday March 13, 7:30 p.m. - Prior booking recommended - €20 (only standing tickets)
Kila shows. Mixing the genres, Kila offers us a limitless and traditional music as adventurous as inventive.
- Saturday March 14, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Noon: Kila show
- 1:30 p.m.: Lords of Strut show: burlesque ccomedians and crazy clowns are expected for this funny shows paced by mindblowing acrobatic acts and wild dance!
- 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.: makeup for children by Fifi Grime + open library
- Sunday March 15 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- 1 p.m. (yet to be confirmed): parade hosted by the Irish in France association
- 2:30 p.m.: Cuig live show. They'll offer you a mix of original compositions slightly twisted with rock and instrumental melodies with a contagious energy.
- 3:30 p.m.: Lords of Strut show
- 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.: open library
- Tuesday March 17, 7:30 p.m. - Prior booking recommended, €18 (€15 for students and job seekers)
Concert - Ensemble Eriu musicians - who are really famous in Ireland - bring to their arrangements some unparalleled freedom and modernity to perform traditional Irish music arrangements.
You'll also be able to enjoy a food area entrusted to pub The Green Goose (Irish stew) and Breton foodtruck Korrigans (buckwheat pancakes and crepes).
Happy Saint Patrick to all of you!