Anne-christine C. · Published on 14 June 2020 at 09h05
Throughout lockdown, Paris Opera delighted us with a very beautiful selection of shows available online and for free. We enjoyed Carmen, Swan Lake and even the Barber of Seville. And big news, new shows are scheduled until late May.
From March 17th, 2020 at 7:30 p.m., Opéra and Culturebox websites have decided to provide in turns – in free access and free of charge – major opera classics from the institution’s archives.
How does it work? From March 17th at 7:30 p.m., Opéra and Culturebox websites will put a performance online available for six days. At the end of the period, the show will be replaced by another proposition and so on until May.
As for shows available, we have enjoyed Manon by Jules Massenet staged by Vincet Huguet back in March. We admired Don Giovanni, Swan Lake, The Barber of Seville, The Tales of Hoffmann and even Carmen. Three masterpieces are still expecting us to brighten up June.
Show available in free access:
- June 1 to 7, 2020: Rigotelllo, opera by Giuseppe Verdi
- June 8 to 14, 2020: La Bohème, opera by Giacomo Puccini
- June 15 to 21, 2020: Play, ballet by Alexander Ekman
Bonus: shows available longer:
- Until August 5: Giselle
- Until October 9: Les Indes Galantes
- Until October 24: Body and Soul
- May 9 to November 8: La Traviata