Maïlys C. · Published on 2 December 2017 at 08h34
· Updated on 2 December 2017 at 09h09
January 25, 2018 is the third edition of La Nuit des Idées [The Night of Ideas]. Dedicated to sharing ideas and thoughts, this special night invites about fifty countries in the same time, and organizes many meetings and debates. Specialists, researchers, writers ask about our world and our future. For this third edition, the Night of Ideas will take over several venues in Paris.
A night to change the world, a night to think and wake up with new possibilities, here’s the project for this third edition (the first one gathered over 4,000 people!).
Many celebrities such as French mathematician Cédric Villani, historian Patrick Boucheron, Youtuber Florence Porcel and rapper Kery James take part in the debate, widening the reflection scheme to all fields.
This new edition features several highlights:
- Forum des Images: dialog about the war of the hero
Institut national d’histoire de l’art: imagination in power / the power of pictures with Cédric Villani, Patrick Boucheron, Elizabeth Lebovici, Christophe Boltanski…
- Banque de France: the future of the currency.
- Gaité Lyrique: the Night of the press and the news, created and coordinated by the association Reporters without Borders.
- Paris City Hall: Night of debates and ideas, meeting host by the Hemicycle of the Paris Council.
- Centre Pompidou: the Marathon of ideas, a special night host by France-Culture editorial board.
- Institut d’Etudes Avancées: an evening devoted to the links between the brain and imagination with researchers from the IED [Institute of Advanced Studies], guest of honor: neurobiologist Lionel Naccache.
- Institut du Monde Arabe: operating creative imagination, original Islam in quest for its history – in tribute to associate professor in Arabic and Doctor of Arts, Professor Emeritus of the Universities.
- Rotonde in Stalingrad: European Lab Winter Forum, what the civic involvement today? With Michaël Foëssel, Raphaël Glucksmann, Sarah Harrison and Renata Avila (Wikileaks)…
- College des Bernardins, from poetry to politics, from science to art, from spiritual to virtual, how can we probe and revive imagination present character? With students from the Fédération Francophone de débats [Francophone Federation of debates].
- Agroparistech: imagining tomorrow’s agriculture (with Paris-Saclay university) with scientist François Léger, head of Parti Poétique [Poetic Party] Olivier Darné, Confédération Paysanne [Peasant Confederation] spokesperson Laurent Pinatten. Introducing artistic performance by Hélène Mathon.
- Quai d’Orsay: launch of the Night of ideas in presence of Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian, guest of honor: writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Cite des Sciences et de l’Industrie: I imagine tomorrow, debates, under the sponsorship of physicist and philosopher in science and technics Etienne Klein. Presentation of creations about “I imagine tomorrow” by students from the ENSAD (a public grande école of art and design). Debate: let’s imagine tomorrow’s possible worlds with urban architects Claire Bailly and Jean Magerand, youtuber Florence Procel, sociologist Dominique Méda and students from AgroParis Tech.
- Centquatre Paris: “chance occurences”/”Les Singuliers #2” special evening with contributions from artists: Dimitri de Perrot, Clédat et Petitpierre, Olivier Py, Agathe Joubert and Pauline Vialatte de Pemille, Gérald Kurdian.
The Night of ideas 2018
January 25, 2018
In about 20 venues across Paris