Elodie D. · Photos by
Julie M. · Published on 14 July 2020 at 09h30
· Updated on 14 July 2020 at 12h52
Bastille Day's traditional parade on July 14, 2020 will start at 10:45 a.m. at the Place de la Concorde. This event is the occasion to pay tribute to the Nation and the different corps protecting us. This year pays tribute to caregivers with a parade of the army health service parading and the A400M planes who health evacuated people in the aerial parade.
Each July 14, on Bastille Day, the same thing happens. The day starts early for soldiers, and for good reason! The traditional Bastille Day parade on the Champs-Elysées! In 2020, the famous military parade will take place without crowds at the Place de la Concorde only, and it is banned to gather around the Champs-Elysées to see the parade.
For this parade, traffic will be shut from 6:30 a.m. on a large perimeter, covering the Porte Maillot to... Bastille! Yes, a big restricted area! Traffic shall resume gradually during the day.
You will then have to seat in front of your telly to discover the 1-hour show gathering 52 plantes, 18 helicopters, and 39 military troops gathered around the Concorde.
Bastille Day, July 14, 2020 program:
- 8:30 a.m.: Troop set up at the place de la Concorde
- 10:05 a.m.: Command by brigadier Guillaume Bailleux de Marisy, deputy general for the army corps general Bruno Le Ray, Paris Military Governor (GMP), commander of the troups
- 10:45 a.m.: Arrival of the President
Greeted by army general François Lecointre, Chief of Stagg, along with GMP. Troops reviewed from the Pont de la Concorde.
- 10:50 a.m.: The President of the Republic will paid respect on the Place de la Concorde. Greeted by Prime Minister, Minister of the Armies, Minister of the Armies' Secretary of State and President's Chief of Staff.
- 11:00: Opening entertainment
In 2020, the entertainment will pay tribute to the General de Gaulle. The traditional air show is included into the initial show, then 13 French and British aircrafts will be gathered for the tribute. Including the Royal Air Force and two Typhoon fighter plates, will remind the army frenship with the free French air forces created in 1940 in London by De Gaulle.
- 11:15 a.m.: Air show
This air show will be commanded by Major General Laurent Lherbette, air defence and operations deputy commander. 305m high, 29 engines will cover over 7km from La Défense, including 1 German crafts. On the menu: A400M Atlas, Casa CN-235, A330 MRTT, Falcon, German A400M Atlas, E-3F Awacs, M2000-5, Rafale C, C-135, M2000-5, Rafale B, C-135, M2000-D, Rafale B, ATL2, Falcon 50M, A400M Atlas, C-160, KC-130J, Canadair and DASH Q400.
- 11:25 a.m.: intermediary show "La tradition du 14 juillet, fête nationale, fête populaire"
- 11:35 a.m.: Helicopter parade: Caracal, EC135, H145, Caïman, Fennec, Caïman marine, Panther, Dauphin, Gazelle, Tigre, Caïman, Cougar
- 11:40 a.m.: Troops marching
Men and women from 39 brigades and military schools will march, including pupils from the national military schools, police officers, the army, the French Navy, the armies' health service, Cyberdefense, the national police and firefighters.
- 11:50 a.m.: finale tribute to the Nation
And in 2020, you can meet the soldiers after the parade 2020. Starting from 2 p.m., head to the Esplanade des Invalides where soldiers will introduce you to their daily lives, a wonderful operation to discover, in a laid-back way, the men and women taking part in today's defense, to talk with them about their jobs and missions.