This beautiful family theme park in the middle of nature is opening its doors for a new season from April 1st to October 31st, 2017. For even more fun, the park takes on a new form and offers a new show and the arriving of Willy West, a legendary characters our young adventurers can meet in flesh and bone throughout the day in the Park. Discover the schedule of events.
Bring out the Indian in you and go have fun at La Mer de Sable, a family theme park that celebrated its 50th anniversary not so long ago.
Situated in a beautiful location in the Ermenonville forest, the Mer de Sable will transport you to other time periods and places for incredible adventures with the whole family.
Young and old adventurers can enjoy three amazing worlds:
- The desert land with huge dunes, “Les Portes du Désert”
- The Wild West world, “Aux temps des Pionniers”
- The mysterious and colorful world, “La Jungle”
Face off with the rapids of the Cheyenne River, cross the Jungle of the Chipakas, fly like a parakeet or take a wild safari ride in a jeep. These are just some of the experiences that are waiting for you at the Mer de Sables!
This is a life-sized park with about thirty attractions and a large outdoor stage that hosts unique and lively shows.
Spectacular shows are waiting for you. Unique street performances, the famous train attack on the dune, horse-acrobatics exploits and stunts are on the menu.
- The train attack
“A genuine return to the roots for Georges Branche who created this show in the 70’s. It is a brand-new challenge for him as he offers a rearranged version of the show that made the park famous.
Immersed at the time of the gold rush, you will be like pioneers crossing the lands and mountains to join the Far West but protect yourself from bandit attacks.”
Duration: 15 minutes. Daily performance at 2:30 p.m. at the Dune
- New show: Willy West
In West City unparalleled décor, La Mer de Sable offers a ludicrous comedy cadenced by stunts and special effects. The show unveils its emblematic character for the first time, Willy West, that young adventurers can meet later in the park throughout the day. A scenario staged by Georges Branche and played by 7 actors, stunt men, without forgetting horses!
Duration: 22 minutes. Daily performance at 11:30 at the Ranch.
- The Appache’s challenge “The most famous Indian tribes are the Sioux, the Cheyenne, the Iroquois or the Apache. Indians lived in harmony with nature and with respect of animals. Discover how Indians talk to horses thanks to demonstrations of dressage and horse-acrobatics.”
Duration: 25 minutes. Daily performance at 4:15 p.m. at the Coral
We also discover:
The 3 latest attractions open in 2016 at La Mer de Sable:
- SIMOUNThis new ride will be open from April 2nd, 2016, in the “Portes du Désert” area of the park. When you ride this “Disk’o,” you’re in the middle of a whirlwind, as the name Simoun (a hot desert wind in the Sahara) suggests. 24 adventurers hop aboard and are strapped into their seats around a large disk, facing outward. The disk runs along a U-shaped track while spinning around.
Must be at least 1.2m (about 4 feet) to ride
- AQUASOUCPeople of all ages can ride a gondola through the shallow waters of an Oriental Souk while spinning around, being sprayed by water canons attached to each boat. There will be lots of splashes, and and a whole lot of laughs, guaranteed! Spectators can even spray the people sitting down in the ride by climbing up on the surrounding decorations and joining in the fun!
Between 90cm 1.2m tall must be accompanied by an adult.
The Mer de Sable opend this third attraction in 2016, set in the western theme area of the park. It’s a new and wild ride for kids, on a triple loop rail, visitors get in spinning cars for an express trip to pioneer times.
Between 90cm 1.2m tall must be accompanied by an adult. Free access to riders less than 1.1m tall.
As well as:
- La Rivière Sauvage
Loyal riders and park visitors will be happy to note that the Rivière Sauvage (Savage River) has reopened. With new more comfortable and spacious rafts, you can now ride with larger groups (up to 6 people at a time.) Get a taste of summer and cool off after crossing the sandy dunes on the train or riding on the back of a pony.
The Rivière Sauvage is one of the most beloved attractions in the park, taking you on a journey through canyons and down through rapid waters. Must be 1m tall to ride, between 1m and 1.4m must be accompanied by an adult.
- Le Camp des Explorateurs
A new, fun and huge space for learning in the desert area of the park with numerous activities; go on a diamond hunt, on archeological excavations, sand and water games and a relaxation area for parents under North-African tents.
- New in 2017: Conquest of the West
Ride the Train des Sables and discover the new area dedicated to the Conquest of the West. Discover cowboys and Indians’ universe, Indian tales and legends and become the best gold digger.
Among this season’s highlights:
- Easter eggs hunt
On Sunday April 16, 2017, La Mer de Sable organizes a great morning Easter eggs hunt to unearth treasures buried in the sand.
- Les foulées de la Mer de Sable 2017
A set of races for toddlers, adventurers or true sand runners.
- National Day
On Wednesday July 13, the dune will be the background of a sound and light show! Attractions will be opened until 8 p.m. On the menu: fireworks, live music and food service. Free access to the park starting from 6 p.m.
- L’épouvantable Mer de Sable (The ghastly Mer de Sable)
For the first time, La Mer de Sable extends the season to offer a new face to adventuring families. Ghastly surprises, ghastly characters and monstrous attractions await…
Every weekend starting from October 7, and on October 30 and 31 for a ghastly party!
Well, you get the idea...this park is perfect for small children, and won’t have you waiting in lines all day.
Official website: La Mer de Sable
From April 1st to October 31st 2017
See the Calendar of Events
Adult (starting from 12): €25 / child (from 3-11 years): €19.50
Season Pass 2017: Adult €57 / Child (from 3-11 years): €47