On the occasion of European Heritage Days 2017 held on September 16-17, 2017, French public transport operator RATP invites you to go behind the curtain to discover this turning heritage. On these days, you may visit the cinema station, play in an escape game area and even discover the current work sites!
On European Heritage Days 2017, the RATP (French public transport operator) invites you to go behind the curtain thanks to a program full of animations in Paris and in the Ile de France region. Go discover the heritage of the RATP in the French capital throughout various activities and free guided tours.
Among the new things offered this year, the RATP will exceptionally open the metro station dedicated to the cinema where dozens of movies, series and ads are shot each year. You will also visit the RER A maintenance center, one of the sites where trains of Europe’s busiest line are maintained. The transport operator will also take you to make you discover the work sites of the extension for the metro line 4 (between Mairie de Montrouge and Bagneux) and metro line 11 (between Mairie des Lilas and Rosny-Bois-Perrier).
The classics of European Heritage Days will also be present such as commented tours to know more about the metro secrets, ride aboard buses from the 30s and discover of the metro washing machine.
After the success of its escape game back in 2016 (3,000 participants played the game), the metro investigation is coming back with a brand-new scenario taking place in Villeneuve-Saint-Georges where the RATP houses its historical collection of material.
As a memo: some activities are only available upon registration from September 5, 2017 on the RATP website (from September 6 for the investigation).
Open to all without prior reservation:
- Visiting Paris aboard legendary buses departing from the Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Vintage photo shoots in the back of a mythic bus from the 20s – Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Family workshops: playful activities to discover the story of the RATP and its varied trades – Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
Activities subjected to reservation (upon registration):
- Cinema station: revelation and stories about the dozens of films shot in the station closed to the general public and entirely dedicated to cinema – 19th arrondissement
- Treasures and secrets of the Parisian metro: commented tours about the emblematic metro stations, led by speakers specialized in the Parisian metro history – departing from the Maison de la RATP, 12th arrondissement
- Metro line 11 extension work site: understand the issues of sustainable mobility thanks to an intricate work site – Montreuil (93)
- Metro line 4 extension work site: project of major scale: 5-year work for a 1,800-meter tunnel – Bagneux (92)
- RER A maintenance center: to celebrate the RER 40th anniversary, visit the newly renovated workshop dedicated to RER A maintenance – Reuil-Malmaison (92)
- Metro line 7 washing machine: an undergound immersion to understand the various facets of cleaning metro train – Ivry-sur-Seine (94)
- Escape Game: the metro investigation takes you to the RATP vehicles collection within a former mail sorting station. A unique occasion to discover the RATP’s heritage whilst trying to solve a mysterious enigma – Villeneuve-Saint-Georges (94)
RATP European Heritage Days 2017
Saturday September 16 and Sunday September 17, 2017
Registration on the RATP’s website from September 5, 2017
2017 European Heritage Day Program in Paris and the Ile-de-France Region:
Last updated on 11 July 2017