Caroline J. · Published on 7 September 2020 at 18h02
· Updated on 8 September 2020 at 14h20
Music, meaning and vegan culture: that is the explosive program expecting you on Saturday September 19 and Sunday 20, 2020 at Paris La Villette for the fifth edition of the Vegan & Pop Festival: SMMMILE.
Paris does it again with SMMMILE festival! This Vegan Pop Festival takes over the Parc de la Villette for the fifth time in a row. For this new edition, festivalgoers will be all smiles again since they get two days of festivities to enjoy on Saturday September 19 and Sunday 20, 2020.
SMMMILE is first and foremost a festival open to all: music lovers, convinced vegan, curious people, environmentalists, foodies or slow life fans. This year’s goal? Becoming the biggest vegan festival in Europe!
To do so, the SMMMILE Festival will provide 100% plant-based products in gastronomy, beauty products, ready-to-wear…
On the menu? Concerts and DJ sets, panels and conferences fed by the stories and feedbacks of over 30 speakers, as well as starred chefs challenged to revisit French gastronomy but plant-based version, and even a food area enhancing plant-based and sustainable food.
You can also enjoy the associations village with startups and brands committed to this lifestyle, without forgetting Little Smmmile Festival for kids and free of charge, as well as participative workshops (zero-waste cooking, flower crowns...).
As for music, after welcoming Dope Saint Jude, Nili Hadida and even Vanessa Wagner in 2019, who will have the honor to rock you? Well, Chapelier Fou, Scratch Massive and even Mokado will be there.
MMMUSIC LINEUP: open air and free concerts & DJ set
- Saturday September 19
- 4 p.m. - HANAMI
- 5 p.m. - KORIN F.
- 6 p.m. - The George Kaplan Conspiracy
- 7 p.m. - Mokado
- 8 p.m. - Scratch Massive
- Sunday September 20
- 3:15 p.m. - Claire Faravarjoo
- 4:15 p.m. - VAPA
- 5:15 p.m. - Chapelier Fou
- 6:15 p.m. - Jaffna
This year, concerts and DJ sets will take place under the peristyle of the Grande Halle de la Villette.
- Aujourd'hui Demain - The Parisian concept store puts together a SMMMILE special menu with burger x Les Nouveaux Fermiers and specialties created by chef Mario Flores!
- Putsch - Between tofu crumble and seitan hot dog, we do not know what to get...
- WafflesVeg - Invicible savory and sweet waffles
- Original Green - Who would say no to some fresh bun with pickles or roasted veggies?
- La Myniéga - African vegan street food? Here we come!
- Bodhi Vegan - 100% vegan Asian food
- Les Bols d'Antoine - Original and colorful buddha bowls based on fresh and seasonal vegetables.
- Pistache et Cacahuète - Plant-based cheese and cold cuts boards
- Love Me Cru - 100% raw and plant-based fast-good food
- Poptails' fantastic sorbets
- Jo and Nana Cakes' magnificent creations
- Eolia Pâtisserie's delicate pastries
Opening hours: from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday September 19; from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday September 20, under the peristyle of the Grande Halle de la Villette.
- GOURMET OFFER - Le Dîner des Etoiles
The greatest chefs also like cooking plant-based produces! For SMMMILE Festival, discover two chefs, GERALDINE RUMEAU (Octopus) & MASSIMO TRINGALI (Emporio Armani Caffè & Ristorante Paris). They will take up the challenge of cooking an exclusive gourmet dinner but for a very, very light cost.
Goumert menu in 4 courses: 1 starter, 2 mains, 1 dessert for €39 including VAT
9 p.m. // Saturday September 19 at Little Villette
Upon booking: https://bit.ly/3aAUayV
COVID-19 instructions: The festival has set up a health safety policy for
- Artists & Speakers: hand sanitizer and masks provided, regular cleaning of rooms, maintaining social distancing, disinfection of music instruments / mics used by several lecturers, barrier gestures
- Exhibitors and restaurateurs: Health safety recommendations and governmental instructions repeated regularly (before and during the event), easily accessible water supply on site
- Volunteers: masks and hand sanitizer provided, optimized managing of the flow of people and materials, barrier gestures repeated before and during an event, special team, disinfection of high-touch areas in the production office.
- Visitors: barrier gestures recalled on site, "good manners" to adopt on social networks (+ posters on site) recalled, easily accessible water supply, hand washing at the entrance, special team.
The festival format has also been adapted to the context:
- To enable a smooth and secure flow, entrances and exits will be at different areas in the festival.
- A marking on the floor will give a "direction" across the festival to limit people walking by one another.
- A marking on the floor will also enable to make sure social distancing is maintained in the event of queues in front of a stand.
- Entrances and exits will be counted non-stop to keep up with a total number of festivalgoers on site, limited to 1,270 people maximum in at the same time.
For the record, the admission fee to the SMMMILE Festival is up to you.