Music, theater, cinema - festivals are popping up left and right like daisies this summer, including festivals for kids! Sortiraparis offers you its selection of children's festivals, to try out and approve. They come in all shapes and sizes and there is something for all ages! So, what will it be, an outdoor film festival (Cinéma en plein air), or a children’s music festival in the Parc Floral?
Feel like taking the kids out for a day of fun? Why not try one of the many festivals for children in the city that offers kids shows, music, dance, or even outdoor movies? Take a look through the possibilities with our guide.
- Children Festival
At the Parc Floral in Paris, this is one of summer’s main events for families, from June 7th to September 27th, 2017. Don’t be scared of the name of the festival since it comes from the wrong pronunciation of “spectacle” [show] by French children. Imagine concerts of all kinds, shows, dance, workshops and learning tours, all in an enjoyable and natural environment, in the beautiful Bois de Vincennes forest park.
- Music Festival at the Jardin d’Acclimatation To celebrate the sunny weather, the Jardin d’Acclimatation welcomes the “Un Printemps en Musique” event, which includes a series of concerts for families on Saturdays and Sundays from May 28th to October 15th, 2017.
- L'Eté des p'tits futés The 10th annual “l’Été des p’tits futés” festival awaits children all summer from July 10th to September 1st, 2017 at the Theater Darius Millhaud. Experience this clever festival that brings together culture and fun in the gardens at the Parc de la Villette and the Park Buttes Chaumont just 5 minutes away from the theater.
- Mini Rock en Seine, the Rock Festival for Kids
Mini Rock en Seine is just what it sounds like, the mini version of the famous Rock en Seine music festival in paris. For three days, August 26th, 27th and 28th, 2016, kids ages 6-10 can enjoy a fun space with a specially created program that includes workshops, costumes, a playground, dances and concerts just for them. And guess what? This event is free! We recommend signing up as soon as possible, since space is limited!
- Outdoor Movie Festival at La Villette
The “Festival du Cinéma en Plein Air,” at La Villette will take place from July 20th to August 20th, 2017. This outdoor movie festival features a month of free movie showings on the large lawn at La Villette, with movies that will highlight a theme: in the kitchen…!
- La Scène au jardin, Outdoor Festival in Chantilly
For its second year, the Scène au Jardin festival will take place at the pheasant farm in Chantilly, from July 15th to September 24th, 2017. Every weekend, people of all ages can enjoy performances of great plays in the outdoor theater.
- Terrace Music Festivals in Bercy Village
Bercy Village welcomes the 5th “Festival de Musiques en Terrasse” from June 21st to August 31st, 2017. Thirteen concerts are scheduled to be performed at the Bercy Village outdoor stage, starting the night of the Make Music Festival, June 21st! Don’t miss it!
- Nous n'irons pas à Avignon The 19th “Nous n’irons pas à Avignon” theater festival will take place from July 5th-23rd, 2017 at the Vitry-sur-Seine gare au théâtre. It is a great way to discover dance, theater, music performances and other shows for kids!
- Festival IN Pré Catalan 2017 at the Jardin Shakespeare Théâtre de Verdure
The Festival IN Pré Catalan, as its name does not suggest, offers from May to September 2017 outdoor performances at the Jardin Shakespeare Théâtre de Verdure. On the menu, 16 family plays all summer long to children’s and adults’ greatest pleasure.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the kids ready and head to one of the many festivals for children in Paris!