Caroline J. · Photos by
Julie M. · Published on 26 February 2019 at 18h00
· Updated on 13 March 2019 at 07h59
Feel like going back in time, a few decades back and returning to the 90’s? Well, you don’t want to miss Central Park 90’s. For a month, from February 22 to March 20, 2019, Central Park bar-restaurant in Paris changes to make you relive the 90’s with a series of exclusive entertainments around Captain Marvel!
I’m sure you know it but this March 2019 the Captain Marvel movie will be out in theaters featuring Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson and even Ben Mendelsohn. On the occasion, Central Park bar-restaurant in Paris changes to become for a month the Central Park 90’s.
From February 22 to March 20, 2019, Central Park 90’s will make you relive the 90’ with games, photocall, karaoke, blind test… The whole in a revised and edited décor. As for the menu, drinks or music, once again, you’ll travel back in time!
For a total immersion in the 90’s, Central Park 90’s will unveil several spaces scattered on three levels:
- The ground floor will be decorated according to the emblems of the 90’s so that you can be in the super-hero’s universe: between grunge and neon lights, pop and street the 90’s experience will be going hard.
- On the first floor, an area dedicated to the Captain Marvel movie, the story taking place in this time era.
- On the second floor, find a video club with VHS movies!
Discover the program with all the planned events:
- Saturday February 23 from 11 a.m. – Vinyl 90’s Day
Listen to vinyls and buy them like for “Disquaire Day” while looking at video clips.
- Wednesday February 27 from 6 p.m. – 90’s special Blind Test Party
Challenged by a host and a DJ, participants will face each other off for a 90’s special Blind Test.
- Saturday March 2 from 11 a.m. – Thrift-store Day
Don’t miss this day dedicated to second-hand clothes from the 90’s sale. Buyers will also have the chance to get their purchases customized with badges in the colors of “Captain Marvel” movie.
- Sunday March 3 from 11:30 a.m. – Marvel Boot Camp Brunch
Supervised by a Boot Camp special trainer, participants will be able to train like Captain Marvel before enjoying, if they wish, a restorative brunch served at the restaurant (for an additional cost).
- Sunday March 10 from 2 p.m. – 90’s board games
Risk, Monopoly, Cluedo… an afternoon dedicated to 90’s board games.
- Tuesday March 12 from 8 p.m. – 90’s Karaoke
A giant karaoke dedicated to the 90’s will be provided all night long at Central Park.
- Wednesday March 13 from 8 p.m. – Unplugged Music Night
Tribute to Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Oasis and even Midnight Oil with an alternative rock band will cover all the iconic tracks and hits from the 90’s unplugged.
- Sunday March 16 from 11:30 a.m. – Retro gaming and regressive brunch
Back to the roots with the consoles from the 90’s to play video games from that era. A regressive brunch with cereals and/or candies will be provided (charged).
In other words, here’s an event you don’t want to miss especially if you’re nostalgic of a passed time and if you’re a Captain Marvel fan!