My B. · Published on 25 September 2019 at 17h21
· Updated on 25 September 2019 at 17h29
The delicious Salon du Chocolat is back from October 30 to November 3, 2019. For five days, over 20,000 sqm are dedicated to chocolate. Between workshops, tastings and shows, you’ll find something to do!
The Salon du Chocolat the famous event for cocoa lovers is back at Paris-Porte de Versailles from October 30 to November 3, 2019. This year, we don't want to miss this delicious event!
Every year, this unmissable meeting in Paris makes visitors happy thanks to the many activities. Tastings, workshops, live demonstrations are as many reasons to visit these alleys where a delicious smell of cocoa filters the air and entices chocolate lovers.
It's Philippe Conticini who will sponsor the even celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. With the opening of his two new stores, right after the show, the chef isn't hanging about. He expects you for the fair with his stand as well as for a masterclass.
Discover last year's edition:
On the menu of this Salon du Chocolat 2019:
- Among the highlights of the event, we have the traditional chocolate dress fashion show. Chocolate makers and designers team up to create the most delicious dress that will be worn by a celebrity during the opening night of the Salon du Chocolat. During the premiere, we attend this uncommon and now unmissable show. And since 2017, this opening night actually opens to the general public! This year, it's held on October 29, 2019 at 8 p.m., you can attend the exceptional concert-show that will mark the 25th anniversary of the Salon du Chocolat and return on the great chocolage story, from the discovery of cocoa over 500 years ago to nowadays. So, if you wish to discover the show before anyone else and drool in front of the chocolatey fashion show, save the date! A tasty and solidarity'based night for Children of Africa.
- For the first time since its creation, the Mondial des Arts Sucrés comes to us. Haute-pâtisserie contest legs will take place at the Salon du Chocolat 2019. The aim for the organizing committee of the championship is clear, they want to make the best of the 25th anniversary of the Salon du Chocolat in 2019 to make you discover the championship by exhibiting and organizing the finale during the edition 2020.
The 100% pastry area
On the menu, a 2,500-sqm area providing entertainments, demonstrations and exhibitions entirely devoted to the art of pastry.
On the menu:
- The greatest chefs will be live for magnificent demonstrations, including: Philippe Conticini, Dominique Costa (The Peninsula Paris), Christophe Felder, Pascal Hainigue (Le Burgundy Paris), François Josse (Le Taillevent), Nina Métayer, Thierry Marx & Raphaël Haumont (Le Mandarin Oriental), Jimmy Mornet (Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme), Nicolas Paciello (Hôtel Prince de Galles), Patrick Pailler (Café Pouchkine), Aurélien Rivoire (Le Pavillon Ledoyen), …
- The most beautiful yule logs and other monumental works displayed
- A glassed lab where pâtissiers will make their creations before your eyes and highlighting a French region a day
- A tasting lounge to quietly enjoy your favorite pastries
- A big competition open to professionals and amateurs: the International French Pastry Trophy held by the Confédération Nationale des Artisans Pâtissiers Chocolatiers Confiseurs Glaciers Traiteurs de France [National Confederation of Pâtissiers Chocolate Makers Confectioners Ice Cream Makers and Caterers of France]
- Without forgetting signing sessions with your favorite writers, chefs and chocolate makers at the Librairie Gourmande.
Get the latest innovations in terms of chocolate; pastries, wine-chocolate pairings and fashion cooking are among the things offered all along the show.
In addition to all these activities, the Salon du Chocolat is the perfect opportunity to discover and buy chocolates from many international artisans and chocolatiers brought together in Paris.
In other words, who wants their fill of chocolate?