Fête en Seine is coming back on June 23, 24 and 25, 2017. This colorful festival, organized by the Association des Départements de l’Axe de Seine offers 150 activities along the River Seine and along the 500 kilometers separating Paris from Normandy.
Three days to celebrate the Seine lovely banks, here is the rundown of the Fête en Seine festival, planned in the early summer. Offers are varied and numerous, therefore we offer you a recap of the weekend’s highlight (only in the Parisian region).
Follow the guide!
Throughout the whole weekend:
- La Défense Jazz Festival (free concerts especially featuring Boosty Collins)
- Cruises to (re)discover the Seine
- Water leisure: sailing, canoeing, kayaking and rowing (Sèvres)
- Discovery of fluvial professions (line handler, pilots, tugboat skippers, salvers...)
- Hiking and climbing the Seine hills
- Hosted heritage, parks, gardens and sensitive natural areas tours
- Artistic installations and creations: pictures, dance, drama...
Friday June 23:
- Fête en Seine official launch in the presence of the departmental board chairmen, at the Port de Courbevoie (Courbevoie – Hauts-de-Seine)
- Guinguette evenings at Courbevoie (Hauts-de-Seine), Maisons-Laffitte (Yvelines)
Saturday June 24:
- Inauguration of the 100-hectare Parc du Peuple de l’Herbe, sensitive natural area (Carrières-sous-Poissy – Yvelines)
Sunday June 25:
- Seine en Selle: 60-kilometer cycle tour of the Seine from Le Pecq to Verneuil-sur-Seine (Yvelines)
- Festive day around the Château de la Roche Guyon: aerial dance on the château’s dungeon, hiking, artistic creation workshop... (La Roche Guyon – Val d’Oise)
- Introduction to sailing, rowing, fishing and rollerblading (La Frette-sur-Seine / Herblay – Val d’Oise)
- First edition of the Mozart Maximum festival at La Seine Musicale (Ile Seguin – Hauts de Seine)
Full program available on line (in French).
Fête en Seine
June 23, 24 and 25, 2017
Activities open to families, paid or free of charge