Manon C. · Published on 21 January 2019 at 15h30
· Updated on 21 January 2019 at 15h30
From February 6 to 10, 2019 Paris Philharmonie hosts a second weekend dedicated to Japanese culture. On the menu, conferences, traditional theater, concerts of course, tours for adults and for children. A wonderful week ahead!
After a first weekend back in October 2018 dedicated to Japan that met a great success, Paris Philharmonie is back with a second weekend dedicated to Japanese culture from February 6 to 10, 2019.
Curious people, children and adults can attend concerts (including two provided by Joe Hisaishi who created - among others - score for movies by Hayao Miyazaki!), young audience shows, tours, masterclasses...
Also on the menu for these Japanese days, Nô and Kyogen theater, two genres of traditional Japanese dramas, perpetuated thanks to continuous passing from the 13th century.
Here's the program:
- Nô and Kyogen theater, Okina - Aoi no Ue. Feb. 6 at 8:30 p.m. and Feb. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Nô and Kyogen theater, Kirokuda - Kiyotsune, Feb. 7 at 8:30 p.m. and Feb. 9 at 8:30 p.m.
- Nô and Kyogen theater, Futari Bakama - Kinuta, Feb. 8 at 8:30 p.m. and Feb. 10 at 4:30 p.m.
- Wadaiko drum concert, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m.
- 3D Orchestra concert by Joe Hisaishi, Feb. 9, 2019 at 8:30 p.m. and Feb. 10 at 4:30 p.m., including a prior meeting with the artist at 3 p.m.
- Concert-walk "Dans la Forêt de Hokkaido" [In the Hokkaido Forest], Feb. 10, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. (starting from 6 years old)
- Young audience show "Le Jardin Japonais" [the Japanese Garden] by TPO. company, Feb. 9 at 3 p.m. and Feb. 10 at 3 p.m.
- Clés d'écoute Futari Bakama - Kituna, Women's Nô, gender-related farce, Feb. 8 at 7:45 p.m.
- Clés d'écoute okona - Aoinous, Aux origines rituelles du nô [At the ritual debuts of nô], Feb. 9 at 2:15 p.m.
- Clés d'écoute Kirokuda - Kiyotsune, Warriors' Nô, valets' farce, Feb. 9 at 7:45 p.m., Shamisen masterclass, Feb. 8 at 2 p.m.
- Tour-workshop of the Museum for children from 7 to 12 years old, Instruments & Traditions du monde [World's instruments and traditions], Feb. 9 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tour-workshop of the Museum for children from 4 to 6 years old, Des dragons au Musée [Dragons in the Museum], Feb. 9 at 3 p.m.
A wonderful program promising a week full of discoveries for children and adults!