Caroline J., Elodie D. · Updated on 5 July 2021 at 11h43
· Published on 4 July 2021 at 12h10
From July 3 to August 28, 2021, "Paris sous les étoiles" or Paris under the stars is back. In partnership with the Association Française d'Astronomie, Paris city hall hosts star-gazing nights from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. in different parks and gardens in Paris. Free of charge, free of prior booking, you only have to show up (with facemasks covering up your noses and mouths), and enjoy the telescopes the association will provide.
Are you fascinated by the Neowise comet? Do you have the chills when you see a shooting star? If so, do not miss Paris sous les étoiles or Paris under the stars! This event - celebrating its 4th edition in 2021 - invites children and adults to 20 star-gazing nights. Hosts from the French Association of Astronomy . (or the French Association of Astronomy) will accompany you so that you can find Jupiter, Saturn, the Great Bear and even the moon’s craters, that you can discover with telescopes lent on the occasion.
This year's edition 2020 of Paris sous les étoiles is to be enjoyed from July 3 to August 28. Still open for free to all, these star-gazing nights comply with health guidelines. Therefore, facemask-wearing is compulsory. Hosts can deny access to telescopes if they consider health precautions are not complied with.
Discover here the program of Paris sous les étoiles 2021:
- Friday July 2, 2021 at Square Séverine (20th)
- Saturday July 3, 2021 at Square Georges-Méliès (12th)
- Friday July 9, 2021 at Parc Montsouris (14th)
- Saturday July 10, 2021 at Parc André Citroën (15th)
- Monday July 12, 2021 at Jardin du Ranelagh (16th)
- Friday July 16, 2021 at Parc des Buttes-Chaumont (19th)
- Saturday July 17, 2021 at Parc de Belleville (20th)
- Monday July 19, 2021 at Square Louis XIII, Place des Vosges (4th)
- Wednesday July 21, 2021 at Jardin des Grands-Explorateurs (6th)
- Saturday July 31, 2021 at Jardin Villemin (10th)
- Friday August 6, 2021 at Parc Montsouris (14th) for Star-Gazing Nights
- Sunday August 8, 2021 at Jardins d’Eole (18th) for Star-Gazing Nights
- Tuesday August 10, 2021 at Parc Clichy Batignolles - Martin Luther King (17th)
- Friday August 13, 2021 at Jardin du Ranelagh (16th)
- Saturday August 14, 2021 at Square Louis XIII, Place des Vosges (4th)
- Monday August 16, 2021 at Square Georges-Méliès (12th)
- Wednesday August 18, 2021 at Parc des Buttes-Chaumont (19th)
- Wednesday August 25, 2021 at Jardin des Grands-Explorateurs (6th)
- Friday August 27, 2021 at Jardin Villemin (10th)
- Saturday August 28, 2021 at Square Séverine (20th)
Ready to be blown-away this summer in Paris?