Caroline J. · Photos by
My B. · Published on 18 May 2022 at 17h33
After the best baguette in Paris, let us welcome the best croissant in the city! On Monday May 16, 2022, the trade union of Bakers from the Greater Paris unveiled the list of winners for bakeries where to find the best butter croissant. So, where shall you head to enjoy them? Here are the winners!
The croissant is a symbol of the French culinary know-how and is very on trend. For several years, the croissant has been reinvented with creativity thanks to some bakers. But for lots of people, the butter croissant stays THE reference, the viennoiserie one loves to enjoy guilt-free for breakfast.
But then, which bakeries in Paris serve the best butter croissants? The answer was given by the syndicat des Boulangers du Grand Paris that unveiled on May 16, the 2022 list of winners for best Charentes-Poitou butter croissant of bakers in the Greater Paris.
And the result is clear: the best butter croissant in the Greater Paris is to be found in Paris 10th arrondissement Carton bakery.
Stepping on the second rank, Grégory Paillette’s bakery-patisserie in Saint-Mandé, Val-de-Marne. Last but not least, the “Tout Autour du Pain” bakery set in the 3rd arrondissement, ranks 3rd. 12 more bakers in Paris are listed in the top 20 best butter croissant in the Greater Paris.
2022 winners of the best butter croissant in the Greater Paris:
- 1st: Jean-Michel Carton, "Carton" bakery, 75010 (6 Bd de Denain)
- 2nd: Grégory Paillette, Saint-Mandé, Val-de-Marne
- 3rd: Benjamin Turquier, "Tout autour du Pain", 75003
- 4th: Éric Petit, Vitry-sur-Seine, Val-de-Marne
- 5th: Éric Teboul, "Chez Meunier", 75017
- 6th: Frédéric Comyn, "Boulangerie au 140", 75020
- 7th: Stéphane Louvard, "Maison Louvard", 75009
- 8th: Cédric Arsac, "Lorette" bakery, 75015
- 9th: Jean-Charles Thévenin, "Maison Thevenin", 75006
- 10th: Alexandre Chauvin, Alexandre & Aatika bakery, Saint-Maur, Val-de-Marne
- 11th: Jérôme Bails, "Basil" bakery, 75016
- 12th: Frédéric Antunes, "Au fournil du château", Vincennes, Val-de-Marne
- 13th: Filipe Fernandes, "L’Artisan des Gourmands", 75015
- 14th: Joël Defives, "Baptiste" bakery, 75017
- 15th: Éric Thevenot, "Vibrations Gourmandes", Nogent-sur-Marne, Val-de-Marne
- 16th: Didier Lavry, "Le Petit Mitron", 75014
- 17th: Arnaud Lefevre, "L’Écureuil" bakery, Malakoff, Hauts-de-Seine
- 18th: Patrick Benichou, "Liberté" bakery, 75010
- 19th: Clément Buisson, "La Pompadour" bakery, 75016
- 20th: Dominique Jerry, "Milligramme” bakery, 75019
Paris Best Baguette 2022 is in the 15th arrondissement
Perhaps are you wondering where to find Paris Best Baguette 2022? Head to the “Frédéric Comyn” bakery in the 15th arrondissement. Damien Dedun won the 29th edition of the Grand Prix for best Parisian tradition baguette. [Read more]