Open-air cinema in La Villette 2018: programming!
From July 18 to August 19, 2018, La Villette open-air film festival is back for its 28th edition. On the menu: a month of free movie screenings on La Villette lawn focusing on a theme: singing!
La Villette open-air film festival is one of the greatest event in the summer. From July 18 to August 19, from Thursday to Sunday, on the fresh grass or comfortably seated on a deckchair rented on the spot, viewers could discover a very tasty selection of movies dealing with the following theme: “How about singing?”.
Here is the program of La Villette open-air film festival:
- Wednesday July 18: La La Land - Damien Chazelle - 2016 - 128 minutes in karaoke version (audio description)
- Thursday July 19: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 2005 - 118 minutes
- Friday July 20: ARTE does karaoke
- Saturday July 21: Kids movie day at Little Villette and screening of The Jungle Book at nighttime - Wolfgang Reitherman - 1967 - 99 minutes
- Sunday July 22: Yellow Submarine - George Dunning - 1968 - 90 minutes
- Wednesday July 25: Leningrad Cowboys go America - Aki Kaurismäki - 1990 - 82 minutes
- Thursday July 26: Holy Motors - Leos Carax - 2012 - 116 minutes
- Friday July 27: Dancer in the dark - Lars Von Trier - 2000 - 140 minutes
- Saturday July 28: L'Île Jaune - Léa Mysius and Paul Guilhaume - 2015 - 30 minutes followed by Love Songs - Christophe Honoré - 2007 - 100 minutes
- Sunday July 29: Jules and Jim - François Truffaut - 1963 - 107 minutes
- Wednesday August 1: Sugar Man - Mailk Bendjelloul - 2012 - 86 minutes
- Thursday August 2: Spring Breakers - Harmony Korine - 2012 - 94 minutes (forbidden to under 12)
- Friday August 3: Same Old Song - Alain Resnais - 1997 - 120 minutes
- Saturday August 4: Junior - Julia Ducournau - 2011 - 21 minutes followed by Mars Attacks! - Tim Burton - 1997 - 110 minutes
- Sunday August 5: Pierrot le fou - Jean-Luc-Godard - 1965 - 115 minutes
- Wednesday August 8: Frances Ha - Noah Baumbach - 2013 - 95 minutes
- Thursday August 9: Control - Anton Corbijn - 2007 - 122 minutes
- Friday August 10: Devdas - Sanjay Leela Bhansali - 2003 - 185 minutes
- Saturday August 11: Le Diable est dans les détails - Fabien Gorgeart - 2016 - 19 minutes followed by Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! - Pedro Almodóvar - 2004 - 111 minutes
- Sunday August 12: River of No Return - Otto Preminger - 1954 - 91 minutes
- Wednesday August 15 (in audio description): Girlhood - Céline Sciamma - 2014 - 113 minutes
- Thursday August 16: Toni Erdmann - Maren Ade - 2016 - 162 minutes
- Friday August 17: Promised Land - Gus Van Sant - 2013 - 106 minutes
- Saturday August 18: Interstella 555: The Story of the Secret Star System - Daft Punk/Leiji Matsumoto/Kazuhisa Takenouchi - 2003 - 67 minutes
- Sunday August 19: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg - Jacques Demy - 1964 - 91 minutes
All movies of the festival are the original versions with subtitles.
Last updated on 24 April 2018