Published by Caroline J. · Published on 9 February 2018 at 09h05
Did you miss it? It’s coming back! Ground Control announced to be back in the 12th arrondissement in Paris from February 9, 2018… We imagine that the many lovers of this underground and temporary place – Ground Control – will be in!
Remember, last summer, Ground Control came back with its original name after taking over Paris 18th arrondissement in 2016 and under the name “Grand Train”.
In 2017, Ground Control changed quarters to take over the terrace of Halle Charolais (a secret SNCF Immobilier venue) nestled in Paris 12th arrondissement from May to mid-September.
For over four months, Ground Control, summer 2017 edition, seduced everyone looking for original and atypical venues thanks to a 1,500-sqm outdoor terrace, Fermes de Gally kitchen gardens, gardening workshops, as well as a solarium, a producers’ market and 6 catering areas and 3 refreshment stands.
This winter, Ground Control comes back in Paris for at least 2 years! For the occasion, this true living lab sees things big!
Ground Control takes over the 12th arrondissement again at 81 rue du Charolais. There will be a second entrance as well at 87 rue du Charolais.
Regarding the opening date, meet from February 9, 2018 at 12 p.m.! Initially scheduled on January 19, then January 24, 2018 at 12 p.m., the opening is finally postponed to Friday February 9!
But what does Ground Control have in store for us? The multidisciplinary and independent place will reveal a 1,500-sqm terrace and for the first time, it will be set inside Halle Charolais offering then indoor spaces covering over 4,500-sqm!
On the menu:
- Halle à Manger: to share and enjoy large guest wooden tables; with Faggio (traditional pizza), MrZhao (modern Chinese), Solina (fresh pasta with ancient wheat), Chilam (100% homemade Mexican), Table nali (African fusion), or world cuisine cooked by refuged chefs (La Résidence)
- A wine bar (Le Décanteur) and a cocktail bar like a speakeasy in a... plane (lLong Courrier) and the Ground Epicerie to have a snack.
- Zone Franche: an event zone with stores and markets
- MamaPetula: Small urban jungle with plants, and plant decoration items at a very affordable price.
- Objets Trouvés (et autres Curiosités): halfway between the concept-store and the cabinet of curiosities.
- Circuit Court: A fresh vegetables stand where you can shop in the weekend. Food products that are tasty, organic and seasonal and from short circuits.
- Grand Train Store
- Charybde bookstore
- Workshops & galleries:
- GCCC the "Ground Control Charolais Club": at daytime this lute-making club offers customization, reparis and creation of guitars and bass guitars services. At nighttime, the club changes to welcomes intimate unplugged concerts on its stage.
- Studio 81: Georges Saillard and his photographer friend José Canavatte make you discover photographers from all over the world and offer affordable printing and limited series as well as introduction to photography workshops.
- Galerie: an art gallery but not only... it's also a workshop where you can see artists from Paris and elsewhere evolve.
- Le Pantographe: an area devoted to creative and plastic arts.
- Les Pas Perdus: to take of yourself! Yoga, pilates, reiki, reflexology and meditation from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Hors Control: the kids' area
- Ground Control Radio
- Restaurants:RØK by WoodMen (Danish cuisine) , rozell & co (organic and plain butter buckwheat pancakes), peppa porchetta (Italian), the asado club (Argentinian BBQ by the Carbon team), l’huitrerie des frères besson...
- Grand Verger: a garden-terrace and a kitchen garden with Les Fermes de Gally
Please note that Ground Control will also display a new image with a new signature: “Libres & Curieux” [Free & Curious] betting on independence, experience, impertinence, sharing, pluralism and solidarity.
Ground Control, winter edition 2018
From February 9, 2018 at 12 p.m. - until early 2020
- Wednesday: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Thursday: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Friday: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
81-87 rue du Charolais – 75013 Paris
Alcohol abuse is bad for your health. Please consume with moderation.