Cécile D. · Photos by
My B. · Published on 20 July 2020 at 10h58
· Updated on 20 July 2020 at 11h05
Urban art in all shapes and sizes comes to Paris La Défense for the seventh edition of Urban Week running from Wednesday September 16 to Sunday 20, 2020. On the menu? Live street art, as well as free urban and cultural explorations without forgetting concerts and DJ sets.
Urban Week returns for a new edition to discover for free from Wednesday September 16 to Sunday 20, 2020. As its name suggests it, the festival is devoted to urban culture and provides at Paris La Défense five days of alternative festival where street culture is given pride of place.
This year, Urban Week will once again provide live graffiti, as well as unique urban explorations, initiations to street art, music… The whole covering a surface of 6500sqm!
On the menu of Urban Week 2020:
- Live street art with many street artists as part of the Underground Effect by Projet Saato. Names will be announced soon, but you can already expect some great artists. Do not miss this occastion to see them graff live.
- Free urban and cultural explorations to discover the Gare Eole working site in Nanterre, these places set under Paris, or even Paris La Défense Arena, the roof of the Grande Arche, the Monstre de Moretti, the Friche des Groues and the Archipel and even Vinci world's headquarters.
- Live concerts and DJ sets at night to enjoy the end of summer.
- Urban sport events, including BMX shows, breakdance battles, acrobatics basket demonstration by the Crazy Dunkers and a Brisco performance - world freestyle basket champion 2013.
- A food court with 6 food trucks serving varied and tasty street food from all over the world.
- Urban Market, a village bringing together independant designers found by Violette Sauvage and La Fine Equipe in varied fields: tattoo master, nail art, barbership, music, fashion and design...
You get it, this event is the occasion to make the most of the last sunny days. And since the event is free, you’ll be wrong not to go! A good deal you really don't want to miss.