Julie M. · Updated on 24 September 2021 at 19h17
· Published on 20 September 2021 at 16h05
The whole world has been facing the unprecedented coronavirus health crisis almost a year now. 230,237,577 coronavirus cases have been reported and over 4,725,060 people have died of Covid-19 worldwide. Discover the toll in countries and the evolution around the world as of Monday 27 September 2021. The Seychelles - the world's most vaccinated country - reinstate restrictions after a new surge in cases. Germany is about to lift a few restrictions to people vaccinated. The USA will soon vaccinate teenagers.
As of Sunday 26 September 2021, Covid-19 infected 230,237,577 people (+37,642). So far, 4,725,060 (+408) people have died worldwide. We now use data provided by Google.
Covid: 25% of Europeans have been given a dose of vaccine, Urusula von der Leyen says
Covid vaccination escalates in the EU... This Tuesday May 4, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced a quarter of Europeans (that is to say 25%) have been given one to two doses of vaccine. And according to AFP, 9% of the Europeans are fully vaccinated with one shot of Janssen vaccine and two doses for the others. [Read more]
Coronavirus: the EU to offer support to India
In India, the boom in coronavirus cases is breaking records. Faced with this alarming situation and the Indian variant preoccupying scientists, the European Union is to help India by activating the European Civil Protection Mechanism. [Read more]
Covid: EU to allow vaccinated U.S. tourists to visit this summer
In an interview with New York Times, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced Covid-19 vaccinated U.S. tourists will be allowed to visit the 27 EU countries this summer. [Read more]
Covid: Indian variant detected in “at least 17 countries”, according to WHO
This May 26, 2021, the World Health Organization reveals the B.1.617 variant – more commonly known as Indian variant – has been reported in at least 53 territories across the world, mainly in India, but as well as in the United Kingdom. Yet, the World Health Organization states they have noticed the Covid-19 epidemic was declining in Europe as well as in South-Eastern Asia. [Read more]
Covid: WHO approves Moderna’s vaccine for emergency use
This Friday April 30, WHO announced they have approved Moderna’s vaccine for emergency use. Good news for disadvantaged countries. [Read more]
- In France, according to the latest report from the health authorities as for the COVID-19 pandemic, about 6,994,319 cases have been reported including +4,706 the past 24h. As of Sunday 26 September 2021, +14 deaths in 24 hours have been reported. The death toll in nursing homes reaches 26,825 (0) deaths. 89,619 people have died in hospitals (+14 in 24h) leading to a global total of 116,444 deaths. In France, 50,069,397 people have been given the first dose of vaccine in France.
- In the United-States, the new daily case toll keeps on decreasing in the 50 States. Today, +131,419 infections have been reported in 24 hours. As of Friday 24 September 2021, the country reports 41,695,156 cases. The country reports +2,238 deaths in 24h, taking it up to a total of 650,731 deaths. 390,114,328 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. People vaccinated can gather together again mask-free. All Americans are now eligible to vaccination. Johnson & Johnson vaccine: the FDA recommends its suspension in the USA. Pfizer will soon be approved for pre-teens and teenagers from 12 to 15 years old.
- In Germany, have been reported +9,727 new infections in 24 hours. As of Wednesday 22 September 2021, the country reports 4,181,393 cases, along with 93,303 (+65) deaths. So far, 106,863,393 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Berlin experiments reopening of theaters on the condition audience members test negative to Covid. Germany promises vaccination to all "in June at the latest". People vaccinated will no longer need a negative test to go shopping, to the hair salon, or visit a botanic garden, for instance, Minister for Justice Christine Lambrecht said.
- Denmark reports +341 new cases in 24h leading to a total of 355,944 cases. The country has totalled 2,638 deaths including +4 over the past 24h. Denmark chooses to allow intervals between the two doses of the vaccine in order to vaccinate as many people as possible. 8,754,137 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Denmark launches their "Corona Pass" to access some stores. After AstraZeneca vaccine, Denmark renounces to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- The United Kingdom reports 0 new cases in 24h with a total of 7,634,194 cases since the epidemic broke out. This Friday 24 September 2021, +33 deaths were reported in 24h, leading to a total of 136,149 deaths have been reported. 93,461,887 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. The UK reopens terraces and pubs. A nightclub in Liverpool has received 3,000 partygoers for a test party.
- In Mexico, the epidemic keeps on spreading with 0 death reported in 24h. The country currently counts 3,632,800 infections (+8 in 24) and 275,450 deaths in total. 98,895,325 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. The country reported a first case of Indian variant.
- Greece records +2,101 new cases in 24h leading to 641,022 cases since the pandemic broke out. The country totals 14,606 deaths including +31 over the past 24h hours. 12,041,227 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Greece lifts its mandatory 7-day quarantine to EU citizens and people from 5 other countries. After closing for 6 months, cafés and restaurants reopen in Greece.
- Sweden, as of Thursday 23 September 2021, 1,149,407 (+769) cases, and 14,813 deaths (0) have been reported. 13,607,052 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. In Sweden, refusing a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine can be fined.
- In India, the new case curve dramatically increases. This Wednesday 22 September 2021, India records 33,594,803 cases (+31,382 in 24 hours), and 446,368 deaths including +318 in 24 hours. India has vaccinated 852,156,699 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Faced with the epidemic surge in India, New Delhi is back into lockdown.
- In Switzerland, the country reports +2 new cases in 24h for a total of 829,837 cases.The country reports 10,607 deaths including 0 in 24h. 10,266,591 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Terraces of bars and restaurants reopen, stadiums, movie theaters, show venues and theaters can receive a limited audience.
- In Japan, Covid keeps on spreading with +3,457 new cases in 24h, naming the highest toll in 24h in the country since the pandemic broke out. 1,687,422 cases have been reported, and 17,375 (+56 in 24h) deaths reported as of Wednesday 22 September 2021. 156,559,895 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. PCR tests are sold in vending machines. Faced with a 4th wave, Japan declares 3rd health emergency.
- Israel records 1,255,747 cases since the epidemic broke out, including +6,314 over the past 24h and 7,611 deaths (+9). So far, 14,884,415 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. In Israel - where half of the population is vaccinated - facemask wearing outdoors is no longer compulsory.
- Italy reports this Sunday 26 September 2021, +3,099 new infections have been reported in 24 hours, and +44 deaths in 24 hours. It now reaches 130,697 since the beginning of the epidemic. And 4,660,314 cases have been confirmed so far. 83,966,629 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Italy has started to ease restrictions starting April 26, 2021: bars, restaurants, and cultural places reopened.
- Brazil reports an-always high new infection toll with +15,688 cases in 24 hours. It reports this Saturday 25 September 2021, +537 deaths in 24 hours. The country reports 21,343,304 cases in total, and 594,200 deaths according to data given by the government. 87,120,993 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Over half of patients in ICU in Brazil are under 40 years of age.
- In Argentina, 5,249,819 coronavirus cases including +268 over the past 24h have been reported along with 114,849 deaths (+2). To date, 50,632,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Argentina instates curfew for the first time and bans trips in major urban centers between midnight and 6 a.m., starting Friday and until April 30. People are protesting against the closure of schools.
- Portugal is back into lockdown since Friday January 15, 2021 for the second time and for at least a month. All non-food stores must close. As of Wednesday 22 September 2021, the country reports +5 deaths in 24h, leading to a total of 17,938 deaths since the pandemic broke out; and +885 new cases in 24h, totaling 1,064,910 confirmed cases. So far, 15,904,393 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Portugal launches its progressive lockdown exit plan and reopens museums, cafés terraces and junior high schools.
- Austria reports +1,488 new cases leading to a total of 732,259 cases and +2 deaths in 24h for a total of 10,736 deaths as of Saturday 25 September 2021. 11,094,559 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Austria makes FFP2 masks compulsory in stores and public transit. 3 Austrian regions including Vienna are entering their 4th lockdown.
- In the Netherlands, the epidemic escalates with +1,597 new cases in 24h leading to a total of 1,996,498 cases. The country reports 18,150 deaths including +1 these past 24h. 22,272,373 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. The country wishes to host Eurovision with a test audience including 3,500 people.
- Morocco reports this Wednesday 22 September 2021, 0 new contaminations in 24h, a total of 923,924 cases. The country also reports 14,040 deaths, 0 in 24h. Morocco's massive vacination campaign is starting at full speed with 39,523,919 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. The country once again extends health emergency to April 10, 2021. Morocco halts flights from and to France and Spain.
- Canada reports +4,609 new cases in 24h, leading to a total of 1,598,807, naming a new record since the pandemic broke out, and 27,620 deaths including +39 in 24h. 55,743,735 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Canada also recommends AstraZeneca vaccine in people over 55 years of age.
- Spain reports a total of 4,943,114 (+7) cases. As of Thursday 23 September 2021, the country reports 86,123 deaths in 24h, leading to a total of +1 deaths. 69,740,837 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Spains will demand a negative PCR test at the French border.
- Belgium reports - as of Friday 24 September 2021 - +1 new cases have been reported in 24 hours taking it up to a total of 1,233,628 cases. There have been 0 death in 24 hours, taking it to a total of 25,543 deaths. Belgium bans any non-necessary trips abroad, including within Europe in February. 16,152,852 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Belgium is back in lockdown and closes schools.
- The number of new cases increases in China as the country reports +60 new Covid-19 infections in 24 hours. As of Sunday 26 September 2021, China reports 124,463 cases and 5,690 deaths (0). 2,197,689,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.
- South Korea, as of Wednesday 22 September 2021, reports +2,434 new infections. 295,132 cases in total, and 2,434 deaths (+7 in 24h) have been reported. In Seoul, the band of gatherings over 4 people has been extended. 59,322,285 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.
- In South Africa as of Wednesday 22 September 2021, the country reports 2,892,081 (+2,783) and 86,655 deaths (+155). South Africa will make their AstraZeneca vaccine doses available to the African Union. 16,781,838 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.
- Poland currently reports 2,901,674 (+812) contamination cases and 75,551 Covid-19 deaths (+14). Poland has announced a new series of restrictions against the novel coronavirus. The country has been placed back into partial lockdown since December 28, 2020 including the closure of movie theaters and most stores in shopping malls, as well as remote teaching. 37,144,805 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.
- Algeria reports 202,283 cases in total including +161 the past 24h and 5,748 (+9) deaths since the pandemic broke out. 9,989,662 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.
- Russia, as of Thursday 23 September 2021, reports +21,379 new cases leading to a total of 7,376,374 cases and 202,273 deaths (+828). Russia has launched the mass-vaccination campaign, and 89,204,756 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.
- Luxembourg has announced partial lockdown starting Thursday including closure of bars and restaurants. This Wednesday 22 September 2021, the country reports +136 new cases in 24h, totalling 77,688 cases and 835 deaths (0 in 24h) since the pandemic broke out. 777,789 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered.